What’s so hard about a Field Service Business?
Changes in the field service businesses
- Disposable Income
- Cost and complexity of equipment drives additional opportunity
- Poor quality goods often increases the need for service. Consider microwaves. Hard to find a microwave repair shop anymore, because the cost to buy a new one is so low, and the frequency of failure is so high, they’ve become disposable.
On a lot of high end print equipment, the notion of preventative maintenance work has gone away entirely. Now they wait until it fails and then repair it. And get this, if you have some of that high end equipment, you can pay thousands of dollars to send your own employee to the manufacturers training school. Why? I’m glad you asked. So that your machine doesn’t have to be down as long as it would otherwise be by the time the service technician makes it out there. Now there’s a racket we should all get in on. You pay a fortune for the equipment, and the consumables that go along with it, then you pay a high price for licensing and a maintenance contract, then you pay to send your own employee to training school, so the manufacturer doesn’t have to send a guy out to take care of your machine as often and you don’t have to live with your high dollar machine being down as long.
Why bother with a SMS Strategy for your business?
- Businesses will increase their use of SMS because it’s an effective and flexible platform
- Customers often prefer meaningful SMS more than voice or email communication
- Innovation and competion in SMS platforms will drive increased functionality and reduced cost
5 Easy ways to make a big difference in your business.
If you’re running a Field Service Management business, let Husky Intelligence show you how to leverage SMS as we automate your business.
- Automate SMS Service Reminder Notifications to your customers
- Automate a customer loyalty SMS to trigger automatically when they schedule their next job with you.
- Better yet, if someone calls to schedule work with you for the first time, and they tell you a friend referred them to your business, automatically send the referring customer a personalized SMS to say “Thank You” right when that job is scheduled.
- Define your service parameters and automate SMS notifications to your service manager so exceptions can be addressed BEFORE they become issues.
- Set up an automated notification for route changes for your field service personnel. It will help keep everyone on track.
You’ll be amazed at the value for your Customers! And think about all the money you will save in time and aggravation it eliminates for your staff.
Come book a free personalized demo here